If you have one of these phones, you can now install Android 12. We explain step by step how to do it.
Android 12 is here. The new version of the operating system can be downloaded and installed, and it brings a number of interesting news that many Android device owners will welcome with open arms.
Instead of waiting for the final version of Android 12 to be deployed – something that will happen in the summer of 2021 – it is now possible Install Android 12 Developer Preview on some compatible phones. Today we explain step by step how to do it.
Which devices are compatible with Android 12?
During the preliminary phase for developers and advanced users Android 12 can only be installed on Google Pixel series devices. And not at all, as neither the 2016 models nor the Pixel 2 series models are compatible with the latest version of the system.
- Google Pixel 5
- Google Pixel 4a (5G)
- Google Pixel 4a
- Google Pixel 4 XL
- Google Pixel 4
- Google Pixel 3a XL
- Google Pixel 3a
- Google Pixel 3 XL
- Google Pixel 3
Install Android 12 manually
Before you start seeing those Steps to install Android 12It is practical to ensure that we meet one of the essential requirements, e.g. B. installing the drivers for our device – usually they are installed automatically when the mobile phone is connected to the computer for the first time – even on a computer as the ADB driver.
Once this is done, which is also used to perform other advanced procedures in Android, we can move on.
Android 12 Developer Preview can be installed in two different ways: through your OTA fileor through your complete factory picture. In this case we go for the first option, although in each case the process is the same and only that Type of file to download. With that said, we can begin:
- The first will be Download the OTA package according to your device. All of them are available in the Web for Android developers, categorized according to the device they belong to, the date and the version they are based on.
- Connect your device to the computer with USB debugging enabled Execute the instruction from a command window (CMD on Windows and Terminal on MacOS or Linux) “ADB devices”. If the serial number of the terminal is displayed, everything is correct to continue.
- Turn off the phone and start up Bootloader mode manually – usually by holding down the Power and Volume buttons when switching on – or via the command “Adb reboot bootloader”.
- Now you have to Access to recovery modeTo do this, scroll through the volume buttons on the device until you are in “Recovery mode” and access it with the power button on the terminal.
- The device will restart even though it starts on a screen that shows this Picture of Andy next to a red warning sign. You’ll need to hold down the power buttons and then increase the volume about a second later to participate in System Restore.
- When we navigate through the volume buttons we need to position ourselves over the option “Apply update from ADB”and access via the power switch. Now we can proceed with the installation of the OTA via the command window.
- You must use the command on the computer, within the command window, and when the device is still connected via USB “adb sideload [ARCHIVO OTA].Post Code“be [ARCHIVO OTA] The path of the downloaded update file. If everything is correct we will see the installation process begin.
- As soon as the process is complete, the device will automatically restart and start the new version of the system just installed.
That’s all. When the process is complete, the process can be started Enjoy the news from Android 12. As soon as Google releases the next preliminary versions, it will be required Repeat this process with the new OTA files Developer preview from Android 12.